Join a diverse team of passionate multi-talented people working together to create meaningful and informative work for our clients. Our experts work with federal, state and local government; not-for-profit organisations, academia and mission-aligned commercial clients.
The Social Research Centre provides all sectors across Australia with access to world-class social science research and evaluation services, including survey design, data management, analytical and qualitative skills.
We work on topics that matter to Australians
We stay on top of, contribute to, and apply best practices to our study designs, data collections, data science, and reporting. We are proud to own the only probability-based panel in the country: Life in AustraliaTM
Our team of survey methodologists, data scientists, statisticians, social scientists, and policy researchers are committed to advancing what we know about and how we serve people in Australia and around the world.
Some of the benefits we offer our permanent employees
A career at the Social Research Centre involves:
- Meaningful work that has real impact in Australia and globally
- Methodologically rigorous work that you can be proud of
- On the job training – we work with you to reach your goals
- In-house knowledge sharing sessions
- A highly engaged, collaborative team
- External professional development opportunities and internal coaching/mentoring
- Study Assistance Program – we provide financial assistance, study leave and/or examination leave to employees that are perusing formal qualifications and certificates that are directly related to their role
- One professional membership per annum with the Australian Data Insights Association (ADIA) or other relevant professional membership
At the Social Research Centre we know our people are more than just their job
To support you we offer:
- Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program including Manager Assist program
- Specialised Employee Assistance Programs for LGBTQI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Family and Domestic Violence Support and Eldercare
- Flexible work arrangements including hybrid office and work from home options
- Purchased leave program – the opportunity to purchase an additional two weeks’ leave per year to better support work/life integration
- In-house professional coaching sessions to support you, including self-leadership and resilience