Experienced Project Manager
- Design and deliver research to influence social policy in Australia
- Work with industry experts in the social research space
- Become part of a growing, dedicated and motivated organisation
- Hybrid work arrangement – Melbourne CBD office and work from home
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research that informs decision making and advances our understanding of Australian Society. We are Australia’s leading provider of social and government research services and an acknowledged leader in high quality project execution, innovative and cutting-edge research methodology, and analysis and strategic thinking. We are a subsidiary of the Australian National University.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity available for a Project Manager to join our Quantitative Research Consulting team. Working with a team of expert researchers, this role has a focus on providing high quality project management. You will take a key role in managing day-to-day processes including the planning, development, and monitoring of data collection, including associated client deliverables. The role will also have input into sample and questionnaire design, weighting, analysis and reporting.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to some of our most socially relevant projects to help deliver research that has a positive impact on contemporary social issues. To our employees we offer a flexible, inclusive, collaborative and supportive team culture, as well as ongoing career and professional development. This is a permanent, full-time position and will be based at our Melbourne CBD office. The successful candidate will have the ability and motivation to work remotely as required. A suitable home workspace and computer setup, and reliable internet connection are required.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the social or market research industry working directly with clients to deliver their projects
- Experience in managing online and / or CATI surveys
- Excellent project management skills, including end-to-end project management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Good communication skills and experience in a client facing environment
- Experience in or exposure to sampling/sample design, questionnaire design and weighting
- Experience in or exposure to methodological and / or interpretive reporting, including preparing charts / tables, or writing for a variety of audiences
- Experience in using SPSS (or similar programs), Microsoft Office and other packages relevant to research projects
To be successful in this role you will also have:
- Strong team player skills with an aptitude for working collaboratively particularly an ability to communicate with different teams, show empathy and maintain momentum as part of efficiently managing multiple projects.
- Strong skills in self-editing and quality control – being detail focused and oriented is a must
- Ability to pick up concepts quickly and apply them to new scenarios
- A client service focused mindset including a preparedness to be client facing and an ability to actively nurture and manage these relationships
- A genuine interest in further developing a career in social policy research
To apply for this position:
Please submit your resume and responses to key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responses to the key selection criteria should briefly address each point using examples to demonstrate experience where possible and be no longer than 1-2 pages.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.