Project Manager (Research Consulting)
- Design and deliver research to influence social policy in Australia
- Work with industry experts in the social research space
- Become part of a growing, dedicated and motivated organisation
- Hybrid work arrangement – Melbourne CBD office and work from home
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research that informs decision making and advances our understanding of Australian Society. We are the only agency in Australia attached to a university but we remain a fully commercial business committed to being an industry leader in quality research and evaluation.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Project Manager to join our Quantitative Research Consulting team. This role has a focus on high quality end-to-end consulting and project management services. You will take a key role in managing the planning, and conduct of research, client management and contribute to design, analysis and reporting. You’ll need to be comfortable working with a range of people across internal teams and having a strong presence in external client servicing.
We offer a flexible, inclusive and collaborative team culture, as well as ongoing career and professional development. This is a permanent, full-time position and will be based at our Melbourne CBD office. The successful candidate will have the ability and motivation to work remotely as required but also engage in a return to the office as appropriate.
Key success factors for this role:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the social or market research industry working directly with clients to deliver their projects
- Experience in managing online and / or telephone surveys
- Excellent end-to-end project management skills
- Experience in research design, analysis, and reporting (including charting and tabulation)
- Experience in using SPSS (or similar programs), Microsoft Office and other packages relevant to research projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Skills in efficiently managing multiple projects
- Ability to respond to changing situations, work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Ability to pick up concepts quickly and apply them to new scenarios
- A client service focused mindset including a preparedness to be client facing and an ability to actively nurture and manage these relationships
- Ability to proactively communicate and work collaboratively with different teams, show empathy and maintain momentum
To apply for this position:
Please submit your resume and a one-page response to the key success factors for this role to email@example.com.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply. A suitable home workspace and computer setup, and reliable internet connection are required.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.