Closing Date: 21 December 2021
- Excellent opportunity to work with industry experts in the social research space
- UNICOM Intelligence (Dimensions/IBM SPSS Data Collection) essential
- Convenient office location in Melbourne CBD
- Flexible work arrangement with hybrid work from home/office option
Established in 2000, the Social Research Centre is Australia’s leading provider of social research services, and is dedicated to conducting world-class research that informs decision-making and advances our understanding of Australian society. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian National University (ANU), we enjoy unprecedented access to ANU researchers and ANU’s world class research environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Programmer to join our Analyst Services team on a permanent, full-time basis.
This position is responsible for setting up/maintenance of data collection scripts, processing of data for research analysis and preparing samples for use by the sample management system. As we are looking for somebody who can truly hit the ground running, proficiency in Dimensions programming is essential.
This position will be offered as a hybrid work arrangement, based in our Melbourne CBD office with some days working from home. A suitable home workspace, desk setup, and reliable internet connection are essential. Applications from candidates based interstate will also be considered.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience with UNICOM Intelligence (Dimensions/IBM SPSS Data Collection) (essential)
- Tertiary Degree in a relevant discipline OR an equivalent level of expertise gained in a large and complex work environment
- Basic understanding of social research and statistics such as weighting and quota management
- Ability to use market research software, SPSS as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Visual Basic
- Market research agency experience (minimum 1 year)
- High level numeracy and logic skills and a very structured approach to work
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member
To apply for this position:
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 21 December 2021.
Please note that applications that do not address the role's key selection criteria will not be considered. You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply.
For more information or for a copy of the position description, please contact our Human Resources team at email@example.com.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability to apply.