Social Research Telephone Interviewer - work from home
- Work from home opportunity
- Your opportunity to contribute to social change and community development
- Pay rate of $28.56 per hour with opportunities for advancement
- Casual hours of employment in a professional role that provides flexibility
The Social Research Centre is a leading industry service provider in the social research space conducting outbound telephone surveys with people across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a casual interviewing role that provides insights into the attitudes, opinions and wellbeing of the Australian public. Our interviewing team complete hundreds of thousands of surveys each year for a variety of clients including state and federal government departments, universities and health organisations. We survey across a range of social topics and issues and this data is used by our clients to inform policy and decision making through having a better understanding on the views and opinions of people across Australia.
We have several vacant positions within our call centre for those motivated and are ready to contribute to quality data collection within a call centre-based environment. This will be a remote based role and will require you to work from home hence we are seeking mature, professional and reliable candidates to join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Making outbound calls to members of the community to gain their participation in our research.
- Conducting surveys with people on a range of topics including Health, Community Attitudes, Immigration and Graduate Satisfaction.
- Calling diverse groups in the community about challenging and sensitive issues.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills
- High levels of resilience in order to make outbound calls and navigate through challenging and emotional content when conducting surveys
- A high level of professionalism and willingness to maintain high standards of performance
- A desire to contribute to the wellbeing of people within Australia
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a renowned market leader in the Social Research Industry
- A supportive, development-focused culture with ongoing mentorship
- Access to exciting internal opportunities for career progression
Please note this is a casual role and so we are unable to offer full time hours however do offer flexibility in shifts each week
- MUST be available to work a minimum of 3 weekday evenings (4:30 - 8:30pm) and 1 weekend day shift (11:00am - 5:00pm) each week - this is a position requirement
- Depending on project requirements, our interviewers might occasionally be expected to work more than 20 hours per week across weekdays and weekends, including earlier start-times for project briefings.
- Must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold valid Australian working rights.
- Experience within the call centre industry or in social or market research
- A computer running Windows 7, 8 or 10
- A headset with a mic (that can be connected to your computer)
- A reliable broadband internet connection that doesn’t drop out regularly (a connection of 0.5 mpbs upload would be ideal)
- Current and up-to-date anti-virus software
- A smartphone
How to apply:
If this sounds right for you, complete the application form below and attach your CV and cover letter. Applications that do not include the required documents will not be considered. For more information about the role, please contact Ben at email@example.com or call 03 8354 3672. As we often have a high volume of interest for this position, enquiries about the status of your application will only be accepted via email.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies, thank you.